Frequently asked Questions
Q: What does the installation cost?
A: The repowering will cost £9,800 (+VAT) for a TX2 and 10,400 (+VAT) for a TX4.
- Brand new 2.0L turbo engine tuned to supply the same torque and power as the original diesel engine
- Complete new fuel system, LPG and Petrol including tanks
- New exhaust (front to back, including catalyst
- New (on TX1 & TX2) or refurbished (on TX4) radiator
- New steering pump (on TX2 & TX4)
- Full tank of LPG and Petrol
- Everything will be fully fitted and tested
Q: How long does it take?
A: We need the Cab for approx. 8 days. The installation will only take a few days, after that the Cab will be submitted to a number of tests. Because we’re interfacing with the original Cab, we need to make sure everything that’s installed still works correctly, so we’re calculating some additional time.
Q: Can I apply with a broken engine?
A: We are replacing the engine, so if the engine doesn’t work, that’s no problem. All the other bits in the engine bay, like the Steering pump reservoir we re-install on the new engine.
Q: What about the gearbox?
A: We attach the new engine to the original gearbox, so make sure that works. If you wish to supply a replacement gearbox, we will install it for you, with no extra charge.