Term & Conditions
GasCab by Vehicle Repowering Solutions Ltd
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 020 3026 2150.
Within terms and conditions ‘VRS’ is Vehicle Repowering Solutions Ltd or their chosen representative and the ‘customer’ is the vehicle owner.
VRS removes the diesel engine, associated parts and exhaust system from Black Cabs and installs a petrol/LPG engine with associated parts and exhaust system, henceforth known as the ‘repowering’.
- VRS will provide a quotation for work and that shall be valid for 28 days.
- Any booking will be confirmed upon payment of a specified deposit.
- The customer warrants authority to commission the repowering and the means to pay for it.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to attain any required third party permissions, for example, from Transport for London (TfL).
- VRS will present the V5 to DVLA to record the engine and fuel change.
- The customer shall warrant that the vehicle is in good working order and have no faults or failures that prevent or inhibit the successful repowering of the vehicle.
- If vehicle faults are discovered, VRS reserves the right to cancel the repowering and return the deposit minus costs or make additional charges for rectification work. These charges will be agreed with the customer beforehand.
- The completed vehicle will not be released to the customer until the balance payment has been paid, VRS shall retain title to all goods supplied until they have been paid for by the customer.
- VRS shall not be liable for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
- In the event that the customer wishes to cancel the process, VRS reserves the right to claim costs incurred from the customer.
- Under no circumstances will VRS accept liability for loss or damage outside its control for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of use or any special loss.
- Data Protection. VRS will retain customer information as required for its operations. It will not sell or distribute this information to any third party exempt in such circumstances that this has been specifically agreed or is mandatory by law.
- VRS provides a warranty, see GasCab Service Book. This warranty is subject to:
- Proper maintenance of the vehicle at selected Service Centers during the warranty period
- Adherence to the Service Schedule contained in the GasCab Service Book
- VRS being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe
- Full compliance with VRS advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by a selected Service Center
- The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected to abnormal or unreasonable wear and tear.
Exclusions to the warranty:
- No hire or replacement vehicle will be provided under any circumstances
- There will be no compensation or monies to cover loss of earnings or on the road costs
- Any failure found to being caused by neglect or damage including accidental damage are not covered
- It is the responsibility of the driver to cover the cost and organisation of any recovery in the event of breakdown or failure and the vehicle must recovered to any of the selected Service Centers.
- If the vehicle is presented with a fault that is proven not to have been caused by the repowering process, this work and any investigation or diagnostic time then becomes chargeable to the driver.
- Any repairs carried out under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new Warranty Period
- Any repairs carried out by a third party that effect the repowering in any way will not be covered under warranty
- The gearbox fitted is the original gearbox from the vehicle there for this is NOT covered under warranty
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY VRS IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.